If at least two of these ring true, then baby, you’re a remote worker now.
- The most exciting purchase you make on Black Friday is a wifi extender.
- You know the four closest public spaces with working internet, and the best time to find a seat.
- Coordinating a meeting with colleagues who live in three different countries is no big deal, but the thought of taking the bus during rush hour makes you die a little inside.
- You’re out in the physical world and you wonder why nobody mutes their mic before coughing.
- ‘Work shoes’ are for other people.
- You suspect that your immune system has completely broken down because you no longer get exposed to the annual office cold.
- Before going to a networking event, you have to Google what ‘business appropriate’ means from the waist down.
- You forget that talking to your computer is frowned on in public.
- Some of your closest workmates are people you’ve never met in the physical world.
- Science says we can’t multitask, but you can trade instant messages with your coworker while also participating in the weekly team meeting.
We are the remote. Resistance is futile.